|command||task||task in new tab|
Tiago Forte - One touch to inbox zero1
- task manager, archive
- I’ve just added Todoist to my Gmail suite so hopefully that makes my life easier
- note taking
- Evernote is recommended but I don’t really like it.
- read it later
- Now using Instapaper
The setup Tiago outlines is nice, and I’ve followed almost all of it. BUT I like setting up auto label filters so I CAN go back and find things. I still do use the email like a file storage system, because 1. I really don’t have files that need storing THAT often, and 2. they’re not normally useful for me to move to a file mgmt system. I probably should tho. Maybe they will become to-do’s, and I’ll put them in Gdrive.
When you check your email
- Open Gmail
- Open the oldest email in your inbox
- Decide what needs to be done about it and do one of the following:
- Archive (“e” shortcut) immediately
- Reply (“r”), then archive
- Add to calendar, then archive
- Create a task (“add task” shortcut), then archive
Send to Reference app, then archive.I think I will add to my to-do list to file in gdrive instead.
- Send to Read Later app (“f”), then archive
Forward everything to Gmail because its features are better.2